Prayer Times Dubai

Prayer Times Dubai

Prayer (Salaat) is one of the most important pillars of Islam. Muslims perform prayers (salat) Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha Five times in a day. You can view the Islamic prayer times Dubai of any day, month and fasting. Please set your city latitude and longitude in setting and get prayer times.

Prayer times depend upon the location where you are currently staying or living at. For instance prayer times Dubai is different as compared to the prayer times in Saudi Arab. If we talk about Dubai, then one should know that it is the most populous city of the United Arab Emirates, also known as the UAE.

The Prayer Times in Dubai

Dubai prayer times are properly and accurately set according to the specific time zone. Muslims in this city follow the practices of Islam as in any other Islamic city. Dubai is pretty famous for its sky-high buildings and skyscrapers. The tallest building on earth, the Burj Khalifa, is also located in this city. In addition to that, it is known as the best destination for Muslim travelers. Dubai is one of the most expensive cities in the world and is the best place to live, as stated.

Islam and Dubai

Now we know from facts and figures, that Islam is rapidly and wildly spreading throughout the world at an immense speed. It is safe to say that Islam is the official religion of UAE. Virtually speaking, it can be assumed that 85% are Sunni and the rest 15% are Shia Muslims although most of the people living are non-citizens.

Ramadan in Dubai

Dubai is a very fast moving city, so because of this, the old traditions of Islam are intermixed with the modern way of life. This does not mean that Muslims have completely changed their lifestyle, but rather fasting and prayers have become more practically intense. Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim calendar and is a sacred time for Muslims all over the world. Muslim Prayer times Dubai, and also in other areas are very much taken seriously, especially in the month of Ramadan.

Prayers that We Offer

The fard prayers that are the ritual Islamic prayers are required to be offered five times a day. They include Fajr, the dawn or morning prayers, Duhr, the noon prayers, Asr, the afternoon or evening prayers, Maghreb, the sunset prayer, and Isha, the night prayer.

Other than these five, there are some prayers too, that are not to be offered daily, but on some special occasions. For instance, the Jummah prayers, offered at the time of Dhuhr on every Friday, the Eid prayers, supposed to be offered on Eids, the tarawih, which are the night prayers, offered in Ramadan.

Other non-obligatory Prayer Times

Other than these five obligatory prayers, there are others too. And these prayer times are also followed in Dubai. First, we have the Tahajjud prayers, which are offered after Isha, before Fajr and after having slept for a while. After that comes the Asharq prayers which are the early forenoon prayers. Then we have the Chaasht prayers, also known as the later forenoon. Then Salat-Al-Awwabin, the one offered after Isha and consists of six rakath. There is also the Namaz-e-Istekhara, the prayer of seeking council, and the Salat-Al-Tasbih, the prayer to be offered for the forgiveness of all sins.

dubai prayer times

Famous Conventions Methods

MWL: Muslim World League

ISNA: Islamic Society of North America

Egypt: Egyptian General Authority of Survey

Makkah: Umm al-Qura University, Makkah

Karachi: University of Islamic Sciences, Karachi

Tehran: Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran

Jafari: Shia Ithna Ashari (Ja`fari)

Muslim Prayer Times Dubai

There are some conventions for calculating prayer (Namaz) times. The default convention used in Pray Times is Umm al-Qura University, Makkah. You can change the calculation abusing method dropdown section. Some convention names are given below. So for your convenience, here is a table for the prayer times in Dubai.



Method:   DST:

Latitude:   Longitude:   Time Zone:

<< >>


Time Format:

Dubai other Details : Latitude = 25.2048° N, Longitude = 55.2708° E Zone Time = GMT + 4h, Qiblah = 101 56' W (From N)

Asr Methods

Standard: Shafii, Maliki, Jafari and Hanbali (shadow factor = 1)

Hanafi: Hanafi school of tought (shadow factor = 2)